Philosophical Student Society
The BYU Philosophy Student Society aims to provide a comfortable forum to cultivate relationships between students and with faculty, to increase awareness of the major on campus, and to explore and discover philosophical works and their meaningful application to our lives as we seek to live, work, and serve within our communities.
Current President & Officers
|Vice President||Allie Crow|
|Head of Outreach Committee||Brandon Ascione|
|Head of Social Media||Zac Bright|
|Podcast Host||Macy West|
|Podcast Producer||Ashlin Lee|
|Podcast Director||Kaia Hathaway|
|Podcast Associate||McKay Hammarstrom|
|Social Media Outreach||Nathaniel Hatch|
To apply, please submit the above application along with a copy of your CV/Resume to Cindy Cromar, the Philosophy Department Secretary, email@example.com.
The successful candidates will be expected to:
- Work with a leadership team to promote and host philosophical conversations on campus, including at weekly society meetings.
- Develop and implement plans to increase the number of students who attend society meetings.
- Attend a weekly leadership meeting (time decided prior to the semester) in addition to attending regular society meetings and fulfilling other responsibilities.
- Increase awareness of philosophy across campus.
- Promote an open and safe environment for sharing ideas and opinions.
The time commitment for this position will usually be between 2 and 5 hours per week.
Among the benefits of serving as on the Philosophical Society, you will:
- Get to talk about philosophy even more.
- Work with Dr. Haderlie, who is the Philosophical Society Advisor.
- Occasionally get free food.
- Get to share your love of philosophy with others.
- And, for more mercenary reasons, get a line on your CV/Resume.