The BYU Philosophy Club aims to provide a comfortable forum to cultivate relationships between students and with faculty, to increase awareness of the major on campus, and to explore and discover philosophical works and their meaningful application to our lives as we seek to live, work, and serve within our communities.
No meetings until further notice due to Covid19!
Past Discussions in 4082 JFSB at 4 pm
Jan. 15th: The Ideal Society
Jan. 22nd: What is Gender
Jan. 29th: Alteration or Mutilation
Feb. 5th: Bitter, Sour, or Sweet? Exploring Eastern Philosophies
Feb. 12th: What is Love? Baby Don’t Hurt Me
Feb. 19th: “Reason Is, and Ought to Be the Slave of the Passions”
Feb. 26th: The Stoics
March 4th: Fight the Power
March 11th: Free Will or Determinism
Current President & Officers
• The Right Honourable, The Lord Mayor TBA President of the BYU Philosophy Society
• TBA President of the Club
• Ben Terry, our esteemed VP
• Jonathan Pulsipher, our talented Communications Chair
• Madelyn Taylor, our amazing new Discourse Supervisor
• Chase Dahl, our promising new Outreach Coordinator
• Kiel Nicholas, one of our indispensable General Purpose Officer
• TBA, our brilliant Academic Liason
• Jacob Spencer, our erudite Historian
• Garrett Maxwell, another one of our valiant new General Purpose officers!
• Jacob Esplin, Food and Treats Coordinator